Community Forum

TV Box stuck in transit - what steps should I take and when?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

TV Box stuck in transit - what steps should I take and when?

OK I'm not trying to be overly impatient, but it's been a week since the  extra TV box we just had ordered as part of our new service has had a shipping update. It shipped from just a few cities over and is still stuck a few cities over. There's no delivery date on the tracking, and without a delivery date UPS will not do anything to even look to see if the package is lost (which I'd imagine it is, otherwise they likely wouldn't keep it at a nearby city for a week). 

So, assuming this continues, who would be the one to reach out to, pressure UPS or Xfinity, as right now they just point their fingers at one-another. 

How long should delivery take? I'm already seeing other parts of our plan come up so I'd imagine we're already getting charged, but without the box we aren't able to take advantage of what we're paying extra for; I'm. not concerned about a few days of being charged for something we aren't getting but if it progresses to weeks I would be.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: TV Box stuck in transit - what steps should I take and when?

moved your post to the customer service area from X1

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, Phillipk86! 

I'm glad you reached out to us about your box. Depending on how it was shipped, it usually takes about 3-7 days at most to arrive. I would definitely be concerned about my order at this point too.

Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can look into this and make sure you get your extra cable box! 🙂

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I sent the DM with info, still havne't received it, still shows it at the same place with another week going by, UPS still won't do anything about it.

Also, small criticism, but why was none of this emailed to me? Last time I signed up for a new contract, the contract in full was sent to my email, spelled everything out, was nice to see. Also tracking info was emailed before as well. Now I got none of that, I had to take screenshots for my record, at no point is there apparently any record of my "signing" the contract, and had to backtrack for the text message that was sent weeks ago with the tracking information for the TV box. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This company is straight disgusting. Waiting for Tambrey to respond to my latest DM (he/she seems nice enough, just delayed in response, understandable for it being a forum but still...), I've been in contact with the customer support on Twitter, like every few hours (which is, at best, how long it takes for them to reply) they have a new person I have to explain the whole situation over to again, and every time it winds up being worse in response.

The latest they wanted to not just add additional charges for our TV box of an un-disclosed monthly amount (was part of the plan originally, one was incl and one was $5/mo, now I just have the $5/mo listed), they also wanted me to pay shipping on the box they originally lost! What the heck? They said as a "courtesy due to the frustration you've [I've] encountered" they'd waive it this time. You guys lost the box you shipped me (maybe UPS, whoever's fault, but nobody ever contacted them despite me reaching out to you earlier), altered my plan without my approval, want to increase costs for the extra TV box and the cherry on top is the "courtesy" extended to me after almsot a month of this drama is to waive shipping costs (that never appeared to begin with)? They also never credited my account for choosing the self-install, and nobody anywhere will send me an actual copy of my contract.

This is why people hate comcast. Heck, I'm actually fine with the service itself 99% of the time, it's the customer service that's just so horrendous. Even with self-service you guys still managed to completely mess it up.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hey, Phillipk86! I just wanted to let you know here quickly that I did get your messages while I was away for my weekend and I have responded accordingly to all your concerns. I look forward to your response so I can continue to assist you. 🙂

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.