Community Forum

TELEPHONE SUPPORT

Highlighted
New Poster

TELEPHONE SUPPORT

1. Why do you not publish your phone number ANYWHERE on your website?

2. Why do you no longer publish your phone mnumber on the online billing statements?

3. Why does your chat support require a PC with a mic and not just let me type a question like before?

WE ALL KNOW THE ANSWER

4. (Why do) you make it as difficult as possible to actually speak to a customer service rep? Because you can I guess

Highlighted
Expert

Re: TELEPHONE SUPPORT

@kmeechan wrote:

1. Why do you not publish your phone number ANYWHERE on your website?

2. Why do you no longer publish your phone mnumber on the online billing statements?

3. Why does your chat support require a PC with a mic and not just let me type a question like before?

WE ALL KNOW THE ANSWER

4. (Why do) you make it as difficult as possible to actually speak to a customer service rep? Because you can I guess

1-800-COMCAST

1-800-XFINITY

If you're having a problem, you can always post about it here, leaving out any personal identifying information.  We will do the best we can to help you resolve it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@kmeechan wrote: ... 2. Why do you no longer publish your phone mnumber on the online billing statements? ...

On the statements I get here in South-Central PA, the phone number is listed on page 2 in the "Contact" section.

... 3. Why does your chat support require a PC with a mic and not just let me type a question like before? ...

You should be able to type text in the light-grey-on-light-grey-barely-visible text box at the bottom of the Xfinity Assistant window, no microphone needed.

Highlighted
New Poster

Those number those not allow you to talk to a person they just send you text messages to your cellphone and links to your cable boxes.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@Mlindaj73 wrote: Those number those not allow you to talk to a person ...

Keep repeating "agent" or "representative" and the 'bot should connect you to one.

Highlighted
New Poster

Nope. Tried 4 times and the "bot" would never connect me to a real person, just hangs up

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree.  Very difficult.  I called those numbers and after answering 5 minutes of questions was not able to talk to a human.  Not good.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having a similar experience. I FINALLY was able to connect with a human being after waiting on hold for a very long time. I was asking for help with either 1) starting a vacation hold; or 2) dropping my cable TV service. The customer service rep repeatedly put me on hold to "look into the issue" and then, after 35 minutes, disconnected me!! He has not called me back. I am beyond frustrated. Xfinity/Comcast makes it nearly impossible to reduce your expenses.  I should not have to spend this much time resolving a problem that should be easy on your end.