Community Forum

TAP installed

Frequent Visitor

TAP installed

I live in a neighborhood that has been established for years and already have Comcast. However I am part of the Phase II of homes so my house has just been built. With that said most of the houses already has xfinity, even a house 3 houses down from me has xfinity but Comcast tells me I need a TAP installed and they need approval from my county?? Does that even sound right? I've been in this house for 7months now, Comcast should be able to extend service to me by now.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: TAP installed

If you’re 3 houses away, you’re too far away. It is true that additional taps need permits. Did a tech come out or were you told that over the phone? You may need a site survey, so you can find out right from the construction department when/if they plan to add service.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response. I was told this info over the phone. Also could you explain why I would be too far away? basically could you explain the process and how can I get more details/update on this? Thank you

Diamond Problem Solver

What I meant by too far away was that you’re too far away to use that existing tap that you see to use to install your services.

I escalated it up to a colleague to see if they can get someone from Construction to come out for a site survey and basically tell you what the plan is for your neighborhood.

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, but I'm not even sure what TAP looks like. Just saw the xfinity sign in their yard. Hopefully a tech can come out here and explain everything to me.

Diamond Problem Solver

Depending on where you live it’ll be up on a pole, or a little green box in the front or backyard

Frequent Visitor

Also is there a number for the construction team, just in case they need my address or if the tech never comes out? I have a ticket that they can reference too.

Official Employee

Hello, topdogc! 

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us about the trouble you are having getting service installed. I would love to take a closer look and see if we can get you connected quickly!  Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!