Community Forum

TAP installation?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

TAP installation?

We have a Comcast line running across the street from our house but we are not connected in. I created an account and set up an appointment for a tech to come on 3/28 (10 days ago). He came out, but said we did not have a TAP so he could not continue the installation. He was going to put in a ticket/request to the construction team. That was the last I've heard.

I've chatted and called customer service a few times over the last week asking for the status, and have received answers ranging from "your account is not being serviced, would you like to begin service?" to "I'll send an email to the local dispatch team and will call you back within a day" (which never happened). Is there any way I can connect with the local construction team directly, or can someone here please help me out?

My husband is a teacher and we have 2 kids in school, and our phone hotspots are just not handling their workload, so we need to connect our in-home internet ASAP. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: TAP installation?

It’s possible the construction team isn’t working because of the Covid 19 situation. It’s also possible the permits haven’t been submitted yet (permits are a necessity) or have been and haven’t been approved by your city yet. I’ve escalated it up to an Official Employee and they may be able to look into it

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Greetings, @carrieroer! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day and staying safe out there. I certainly understand the importance of making sure you have reliable internet that can handle the workload during these times. I would like to see what we can do for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first/last name, full address, and phone number so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you @CCAndrew and @ComcastMichael for your replies! Just this morning we watched a worker install the box on the line. Now to make a new installation appointment. Hurray!
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Work with @ComcastMichael to set one up, it’ll be easiest that way

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hey, @carrieroer. I'm glad to hear it sounds like they are putting that tap in for you. As @ComcastAndrew had mentioned, feel free to shoot me a PM with your name first and last name and I can see about getting that install all set up for you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!