Community Forum

Switch providers or cancel service and re-start?

Regular Visitor

Switch providers or cancel service and re-start?

I'm facing that dreaded time when my 2-year promotion has run out and either I switch providers or stay with Comcast if they can keep my prices within reason.  After a couple of calls to Comcast all they can do is bring down the new price about $20 and have me sign a new 2-year agreement.  This deal is not very enticing.  Customer service doesn't seem too eager to keep me on as a customer and even asked me if I wanted her to "go ahead and process the disconnection now" when I explained that the deal they were offering was way higher than AT&T Fiber.

Given that I can save over $60 per month by switching providers for the same level of service, this is sounding like the right move.  My question, before I do this, is the following: If I cancel services with Comcast today can I re-establish service through an authorized retailer tomorrow and take advantage of super low "new customer" promotions for signing a new 2-year agreement?  I'd honestly rather keep my current services through Comcast, but raising my monthly rate by 50% is a total deal-breaker for me.

Official Employee

Re: Switch providers or cancel service and re-start?

Hello KLM228. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you. 

Official Employee

Re: Switch providers or cancel service and re-start?

@KLM228. Glad we were able to figure out an offer that works better for you. Thank you for creating the post, and thank you for using the Forums!