Community Forum

Swap out two HD TV boxes for Xi6 4K boxes

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Swap out two HD TV boxes for Xi6 4K boxes

I would like to swap out my two HD TV Boxes for two Xi6 4K wireless/ethernet TV Boxes. I have one 4K DVR and am leasing my Modem/Router from Comcast. Two of my three TVs are 4K and plan to upgrade the third one soon. What is the procedure for doing this?

Thanks, Bob

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Swap out two HD TV boxes for Xi6 4K boxes

@BobDV wrote:

I would like to swap out my two HD TV Boxes for two Xi6 4K wireless/ethernet TV Boxes. I have one 4K DVR and am leasing my Modem/Router from Comcast. Two of my three TVs are 4K and plan to upgrade the third one soon. What is the procedure for doing this?

Thanks, Bob

go to the xfinity store near you and add an additional box (so they won't deactivate your other STBs yet. connect the wireless box to each of the two locations and test to be sure the wifi works successfully to get the streaming connection to work. once tested you can pull one of the HD boxes and return it and get another xi6. you can keep your old remotes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I understand what you suggested, and I would have already done that, however, the local xfinity stores are closed due to COVID-19. I was looking to have an order created and the boxes sent directly to my home and then return the HD boxes via the local UPS store. If this is not possible through this forum please let me know what my options are.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

@BobDV wrote:

I understand what you suggested, and I would have already done that, however, the local xfinity stores are closed due to COVID-19. I was looking to have an order created and the boxes sent directly to my home and then return the HD boxes via the local UPS store. If this is not possible through this forum please let me know what my options are.

Thank you.

the stores opened (mix of appointments and curb service) back on May 18th. have you driven by? (be sure to get 4k xi6 set top box by the way. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am located in SW Florida and all the stores in Naples, Ft. Myers, and Cape Coral are closed according to their web pages. Also, no Appointments possible. So it appears my only option is to call 800.xfinity and hope to get through to someone in a timely manner that can help me.

Thanks, Bob