Community Forum

Suspension of billing?

Highlighted
New Poster

Suspension of billing?

Hello,who do we contact about the suspension of the billing for a few months for low income family's,due to this nasty Virus break out? This was anounced on Channel 5 about not billing low income family's for a couple of months,any ideas who I should call, Thank you in advance,Melissa

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Suspension of billing?

@whyme505898 wrote:

Hello,who do we contact about the suspension of the billing for a few months for low income family's,due to this nasty Virus break out? This was anounced on Channel 5 about not billing low income family's for a couple of months,any ideas who I should call, Thank you in advance,Melissa

I am unable to find any information about this.  Is this news piece on Channel 5's website, and if so what is the website?

The only reference I can find is about suspending the data cap while people are being forced to work from home.

EDIT: I did find some information regarding Internet Essentials, but it does not mention anything about a billing suspension.

https://corporate.comcast.com/press/releases/internet-essentials-low-income-broadband-coronavirus-pa...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Suspension of billing?

Hello, 

We appreciate you reaching out to us with your concerns for your account/services. We understand how difficult times are right now, so I encourage you to check out our response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) here: https://xfin.tv/2wCoWIq

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!