Community Forum

Stressed, Needing Compasion

New Poster

Stressed, Needing Compasion

My spouse and I have had Comcast/Xfinity since 2011. 7 years of service and payments and I call to advise my husband passed away a few weeks ago. I'm still emotional when talking about it, but when I called the office asking to remove his name and add mine as primary. Note, I am on the billing account, I'm told I have to drive 30 minutes to an office to hand deliver a death certificate. I can easily fax, email or etc., because I am disabled and don't drive but I'm told I must before they can do anything. REALLY? OMG  So the agent tells me to order new service and they will disconnect the current service. REALLY? I'm on the bill, I pay the bill. Do you really want to lose a customer of over 7 years to Dish? Someone please read and help me here. 

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Stressed, Needing Compasion

@wbak131,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. 

We are sincerely sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. We also apologize for the confusion.

We can absolutely help you to get this resolved. In order to process your request to take over the financial responsibility for that account can you please send me a private message with the following information, 

Account Number:

Account Holders Name:

Your Full Name:

Service Address:

Contact Number:

Your Social Security Number:

Best time of Day to Contact You:

With this information I can submit a ticket for us to send you the the correct documentation that you can submit back to us (via email or fax), so you can be the responsible party for that account. 

Again, we sincerely apologize for the confusion and for the loss of your husband. We look forward to hearing back from you. 

To send a private message click on my username and once on my profile page click "Send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Stressed, Needing Compasion

wbak131 -- Were you able to get this handled with ComcastJessie?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!