Community Forum

Stored bank info and credit card info was charged for payment without my authorization twice now.

New Poster

Stored bank info and credit card info was charged for payment without my authorization twice now.

Several months back, and I got NOWHERE with Comcast, my stored credit card was one of 4 or 5 stored payment methods on file, was charged for a Comcast payment without my consent. I tried to work with Customer service who said they would reverse the credit card charge but never did.  I removed the credit card from the account. Today I had an overdraft notice on one of my bank accounts that was stored on Comcast.  I did NOT make this payment myself.  I was charged for the full month and also got a $35.00 overdraft fee charged against me.  I transferred money from one account into the overdrafted account.  Then I looked back and found on Feb 4th, a Sunday, at 10:35am, was a confirmation to this payment from Xfinity.  I can assure you I was asleep when his payment was made. I worked the night before 12 hours graveyard and had to get up at 3pm later on the 4th to do work again. I am in bed by 09:00am.  I would not have stayed up past my bedtime to make this payment.  Why is Comcast taking payments from random stored payment accounts without my authorization?  I have since removed every stored payment account from Comcast. I am considering bypassing all I’d the phone calls, transfers, hang ups and broken promises of refunds and going straight to the FCC or whoever governs utilities for taking unauthorized payments from stored payment information. This has to stop!  Since this has happened twice in several months, I’m not buying that either were accidents. This is against the law, plain and simple. I have NEVER been signed up for Auto Pay.

Expert

Re: Stored bank info and credit card info was charged for payment without my authorization twice now

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Stored bank info and credit card info was charged for payment without my authorization twice ...

Hi DiBrown, apologies for your experiences.  I can assist reviewing this further for you, could you please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number).

Thank you