Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Still trying to get hooked up.

New Poster

Still trying to get hooked up.

Attempts to have XFINITY hook up have failed after 3 in store visits, phone calls, chats etc. The utility pole is actually on my property and my neighbor is hooked up. If I can manage to have Xfinity run the cable to my one story single family dwelling can I have 3rd party contractors like Best Buy do interior wiring, hook up and installation?

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: Still trying to get hooked up.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.

All Replies
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Official Employee

Hi JoeinABQ, 

I can assist you with getting the process started to have our techs come out to have the wires from the pole to the house run and installation of the Comcast services. However, you would have to contact an electrician for suggestions on who can run the wires through the home. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New Poster

I need to hire an electrician to receive cable? 1st Xfinity contact in store said installation can be done via crawlspace like my satellite. 2nd Xfinity contact said his sub contract forbids crawlspace installation and they don't do cherry pickers and I wasn't hooked up to pole. Next contact via telephone advises Xfinity installer coming soon with pole truck. No further contact there. I went back to store and was told my situation was going to be escalated. No further contact and I'm now advised to hire an electrician. Sadly I'm out of time and patients. Hopefully Best Buy will refund equipment cost.
Admin1

JoeinABQ -- Our techs can run line from the pole to your house. They cannot fish line through your walls, unless it's a straight run from the outside to inside. You'd need an electrician, or 3rd party contractors, to run the line if it needs to to several different rooms.