Community Forum

Still billed for returned Gateway

New Poster

Still billed for returned Gateway

Returned gateway to service center. Waited the 45 days. Chatted with human (copied and saved chat). Given ER ticket #ER049049407 told it was queued to be fixed by 5/16/19. It wasn't. Paid another month. My solution? Report comcast employee to Davis Police for theft. I'd better hear from someone TODAY.
Expert

Re: Still billed for returned Gateway

@I-Am-Unamused wrote:
Returned gateway to service center. Waited the 45 days. Chatted with human (copied and saved chat). Given ER ticket #ER049049407 told it was queued to be fixed by 5/16/19. It wasn't. Paid another month. My solution? Report comcast employee to Davis Police for theft. I'd better hear from someone TODAY.

Did you get a receipt for the return?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Guy at counter said I'd get it in an email and up to 45 days to see it off my bill. In chat rep agreed it's their issue.
Highlighted
Expert

@I-Am-Unamused wrote:
Guy at counter said I'd get it in an email and up to 45 days to see it off my bill. In chat rep agreed it's their issue.

Did you get the receipt in an email?  The receipt would have shown the Make, model, and SN of the gateway you returned.  With the receipt they could trace the gateway.  It should not take this long for it to have been removed from your account.  I seriously doubt an employee took it and didn't take it off your account.  And, while it may be a Comcast issue, until the gateway is located there isn't a way to determine if you returned it even though you have.  The receipt is proof that you did.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I followed their directions fir return exactly as given to me. The man at the counter said I'd get an email receipt. I did not. They agreed last month that it's their problem. They said they would fix it. They didn't. My account shows their modem. Two seconds with tech support would show them it's not and hasn't been for months. They will either bill me for eternity or charge me for the gateway (a Cisco so old it's no longer supported by Cisco). I have no choice but to pay and report it stolen since they haven't fixed it. I'm guessing 5 minutes after the police make a call, the RG will be found. I doubt he stole it too. No one would steal one when 100 bucks and Amazon will get you a current one (I went with Netgear and Google WiFi). After a phone call today I'm told (and can verify online) the RG rental is being canceled and the over payments credited (unverified) next cycle. But that's what they told me last month too. I'll let you know if it solved the problem. What would you have done in my position?
Official Employee

Hi @I-Am-Unamused

I apologize for the experience you've had. I'd like to review your account to see if there is any way I can assist in making this right. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.