Community Forum

Stealing cable

New Poster

Stealing cable

Is their a reward or something to the fact that I caught a xfinity cable technician stealing cable, and preforming illegal installs and connections ?
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Stealing cable

No reward, everything is encrypted now, there’s nothing to steal. There’s no access without proper equipment on an account.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Hi, I don't have a question about a reward but I am concerned that my neighbor is stealing my cable tv ONLY (not the internet or landline because I know they have Verizon for that, but Verizon tv is not available where we live...only Comcast and the satellite co's and she does not have satellite). 

Are you saying it's not possible for them to steal my cable if I have X1? If someone they know works for Comcast or something, and got them a box, could they steal it then? This person does weird stuff like call ME on the phone if their cable box goes out. They say things like "are the lights on your box off because mine are out" and when I suggest they call Comcast, they say "I don't want to be bothered with them". Hmmm  How strange that you have cable tv problems but don't want to call Comcast.

So I'm just asking, if they somehow got ahold of a box, could they then steal my cable tv?

Diamond Problem Solver

Possibly but the box still has to be active on an account somewhere. It would take a stupid employee to do it as it’s a fireable offense. Employees get audited every so often. I think you’re overthinking.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks. I hope I am overthinking it. I did call Comcast though and they're going to come out and check. I just want to be sure, I pay too much a month for someone to just be stealing it for themselves.