Community Forum

Status of Ticket

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Status of Ticket

How do I escalate or get a status of a ticket ?  I opened a ticket last Friday and all I want Comcast to do is reset my home network config, soft-boot modem, and assign me a new IP but I have heard nothing.  I placed two calls to support but was just told they were working on it and that was a few days ago.

My problem is that somehow my IP has been blacklisted and I can't get to certain secure sites like my work's vpn. Just would like to get a new IP so I can connect to my work's VPN.

Official Employee

Re: Status of Ticket

@fnb4321 wrote:

How do I escalate or get a status of a ticket ?  I opened a ticket last Friday and all I want Comcast to do is reset my home network config, soft-boot modem, and assign me a new IP but I have heard nothing.  I placed two calls to support but was just told they were working on it and that was a few days ago.

My problem is that somehow my IP has been blacklisted and I can't get to certain secure sites like my work's vpn. Just would like to get a new IP so I can connect to my work's VPN.

Hello, fnb4321!

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns about your ticket request. We would be more than happy to review your account and get a status update on that ticket for you. Please send us a private message with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "Comcast_Support", then click "send a message".

In the meantime, you may want to check out our guide for manually releasing and renewing your IP address here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/releasing-and-renewing-ip-address

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!