Community Forum

Spotty internet for weeks - can't contact anyone

Highlighted
New Poster

Spotty internet for weeks - can't contact anyone

For weeks now my internet has been dropping at random times multiple times a day. Modem resets don't help. Comcast automated systems cant even detect my modem. My modem and routers are all up to date firmware wise. I have two programmers that live in and are currently working out of the house and this is disrupting their work. My problem with Comcast and why I am now being forced to publicly air these gripes of mine is because I cannot get anyone from Comcast on the phone, I cannot get anyone on their chat services and they have neglected to call me back when I schedule a call back. I am a first responder who is currently sick and on quarantine so I have a lot of free time on my hands. The problem is so bad we cannot stream anything and often will have trouble loading even the simplest web page.

My solution to this problem
This problem and its lack of solutions has forced my hand so now I will force comcast. You comcast admins WILL contact me via this account or my personal phone number with a way to reach some way of getting help immediately. Until that happens I will begin posting about my situation on every forum, twitter account, reddit subreddit, Facebook area, google + type social media I can find after 24 hours of posting this announcement. I will do this repeatedly. On top of this I will with hold payment to comcast while I repeatedly send them these same types of messages to whatever email or support or whatever I can find.

This statement is being made here, publicly, with the knowledge that it is annoying, and an extreme. I feel my hand is being forced because it has been literally weeks and I have made multiple attempts to contact comcast. I also want comcast to be aware that the best, fastest, and easiest way to end this is to simply contact me about the problem and help me to resolve it. I want to be absolutely clear that if I could leave comcast, I would, they maintain a monopoly in my area.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Spotty internet for weeks - can't contact anyone

@Jlowderm 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi Jlowderm. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. We apologize you are continuing to experience intermittent connectivity without help. I can assist with further troubleshooting your service issues. In order to have a better insight, I will have to poll the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem, and check your local Node/Plant for signal degradation / errors. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your equipment. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Has there been any resolution to this? My internet is doing the exact same thing. Every time I talk to a rep, they’re no help. I’m ready to cancel if this isn’t fixed immediately. I’m also a programmer working from home and I need a reliable connection.
Highlighted
New Poster

I got no help through Facebook or any other chat. I'm fed up.
Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue.    Initially, I thought it was the location fot he router; but I moved it closer to my office and it is the same spotty service.     This is SUPER inconvenient because I teach online; so it is frustrating that my student cannot alway hear me and I am not clear when it goes in and out; so I can't even make an adjustment.    If this is not resolved within a week or so; I am going to have to switch to a more reliable provider.    

Elle