Community Forum

Sports fee

Highlighted
New Poster

Sports fee

Why am I still being charged a "regional sports fee" when there are no more sports being playde anywhere in the country.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Sports fee

Hi @Izzy1246

That's a great question. Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. The Regional Sports Network Fee is charge that is based on our costs of providing the regional sports networks that we carry on our cable systems in each area. These costs include the fees that regional sports networks charge us to carry them on our cable packages. Examples of those packages would the Big 10 Network, Fox Sports Southeast, NBC Sports, etc. Refunds on packages like NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, etc are TBD. I hope this helps.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Sports fee

@ComcastChe wrote:

Hi @Izzy1246

That's a great question. Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. The Regional Sports Network Fee is charge that is based on our costs of providing the regional sports networks that we carry on our cable systems in each area. These costs include the fees that regional sports networks charge us to carry them on our cable packages. Examples of those packages would the Big 10 Network, Fox Sports Southeast, NBC Sports, etc. Refunds on packages like NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, etc are TBD. I hope this helps.  

@ComcastChe Is there any way to black out all of those sports channels on any channel package, which would result in the elimination of the regional sports fee? I ask because I DO NOT WATCH SPORTS AT ALL. So to me those channels are wasted on me and paying $8-9 a month EXTRA for channels I'm not even using is obscene.