Community Forum

Sports Fee

New Poster

Sports Fee

I am finally coming  back to Comcast after crapy TV service and the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Since I purchased a UHD 4 TV, I wanted better and stronger connection from my own antenna. I just looked at my new bill for the inclusion of basic TV service along with my internet service. Why am I'm paying an over the air fee and a sports fee? I couldn't care less about sports and since over the air programs are free; why am I paying for a free service?  Only those who specifically want sports coverage should pay for it. Please don't blame local government, if that's the direction the explaination goes as they would not have imposed those fees unless Comcast wanted these additional fees. While I will have the TV cable installed tomorrow, as we have few choices, I must say how deceptive the TV adverts are since the price mentioned is not the actual price.

Expert

Re: Sports Fee

Broadcast TV Fee
The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge that you will see on your bill. This is not a government-mandated or required fee and will increase from time to time. This fee is based upon the fees that local broadcasters charge us to carry their networks. We pay over and above this fee to meet our total obligation to local broadcasters in order to carry their channels. Broadcasters have begun to increase their charges regularly, and we have limited control over the amount or pace of these increases. As a result, the Broadcast TV Fee is not included as a part of our promotional pricing or pricing under your minimum-term agreement and can increase during your promotion or minimum-term. You will receive advance notice before an increase takes effect.

Regional Sports Network Fee
The Regional Sports Network Fee is an itemized charge that you will see on your bill. This is not a government-mandated or required fee and will increase from time to time. This fee is based upon the fees that regional sports networks charge us to carry their networks. We pay over and above this fee to meet our obligation to regional sports networks in order to carry their networks. Regional sports networks have begun to increase their charges regularly, and we have limited control over the amount or pace of these increases. As a result, the Regional Sports Network Fee is not included in our promotional pricing or pricing under your minimum-term agreement and can increase during your promotion or minimum-term. You will receive advance notice before an increase takes effect.

-https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!