Community Forum

Someone is cancelling my services!

New Poster

Someone is cancelling my services!

I received an email tonight that comcast has received a cancellation request for my services.  I didn't do that and no one on my authorized list of users has either.  It says my services will be cancelled tonight.  I work for a critical service and can not lose my internet.  I'm on hold waiting for a rep now but it's well over an hour wait time.  Anytime else I can do? 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Someone is cancelling my services!

@remmic wrote:

I received an email tonight that comcast has received a cancellation request for my services.  I didn't do that and no one on my authorized list of users has either.  It says my services will be cancelled tonight.  I work for a critical service and can not lose my internet.  I'm on hold waiting for a rep now but it's well over an hour wait time.  Anytime else I can do? 

Sounds like a phish email.  Comcast usually doesn't send out those kinds of emails.

All official Comcast/Xfinity emails will have this logo next to them:

Verified email.PNG

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Someone is cancelling my services!

@remmic wrote:d

Apologies for any confusion we may have caused. In reviewing your account,  I can see that the pending disconnect order has been cancelled. Thanks for your patience.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!