Community Forum

Sneaky 250% increase to my internet bill

New Poster

Sneaky 250% increase to my internet bill

I signed up for 1-year of internet service which is coming to an end. Part of that deal involved automatic billing. Fine. Without so much as a notice by email or mail I get notice that my rate is being increased by 250%. That's funny, because I didn't give permission to continue my service, but Xfinity sees no problem in automatically billing me at this new ridiculous rate.

This is taking advantage of the automatic billing option to quietly overcharge me once my original 1 year term finished. I need to know exactly how I can get in touch with someone to discuss this or I will have to cancel service immediately. Absolutely shameful way to treat a customer.

New Poster

Re: Sneaky 250% increase to my internet bill

To clarify, I get notice about the upcoming automatic payment at the new rate. I received ZERO notice about the rate change and whether or not I want to continue my service. Don't tell me to read the fine print, treat me like a good customer and that you appreciate my continued business by giving me options and not just quietly increase my rate hoping to take advantage of automatic billing. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

It's not really sneaky, should be obvious your rate will go up once the promo ends.

New Poster

I need to know exactly how I can get in touch with someone to discuss this

Expert

@David3000 wrote:

I signed up for 1-year of internet service which is coming to an end. Part of that deal involved automatic billing. Fine. Without so much as a notice by email or mail I get notice that my rate is being increased by 250%. That's funny, because I didn't give permission to continue my service, but Xfinity sees no problem in automatically billing me at this new ridiculous rate.

This is taking advantage of the automatic billing option to quietly overcharge me once my original 1 year term finished. I need to know exactly how I can get in touch with someone to discuss this or I will have to cancel service immediately. Absolutely shameful way to treat a customer.

Do you take a look at your bill each month beyond looking at what you owe?  Notifications of increases are found in the notes of your bill, usually one or two months in advance.  At that point you could have, and still can, re-negotiated your package for a price more in line with what you had.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you...I use paperless billing, which along with the automatic payments is how my original plan is designed to slide right into the new rate plan outside of my original contract with no discussion. I checked the last 3 months of bills online and there is no mention of my contract expiring nor options to discuss some reasonable options. I searched my emails and there was no mention besides the usual notices about bills being ready and payments being made. Needless to say since I have fulfilled my original plan I am no longer going to making any automated payments until we can sort this out.

I would appreciate if Comcast customer service would get in touch with me directly to discuss our options. I don't want to fight through an automated telephone robot system to find a human who can help me.