Community Forum

Slow service for simple equipment swap

Frequent Visitor

Slow service for simple equipment swap

I received a new Gateway, swap it, then put the old one back in the box.
I assumed, wrongly, that it would have been simpler to go straight to the store, which is conveniently located nearby.
I did hand over my equipment to the clerk at the reception which gave me a ticket in order to wait to get a receipt.
Apparently, they can’t just take care of the swap.
Well, I am writing this, waiting in the store to be served. It’s been 40 minutes now!?!
I see 4 staff in the store, but they only serve 2 customers at the time!?!
And it takes 20 min/person!?!
First and last time I come in a store.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Slow service for simple equipment swap

My apologies for your experience, amyga. Did you swap your equipment? Do you have any questions or issues that I can help you with? 

Frequent Visitor

No. 20 minutes after posting, i.e. after 1h wait, seeing how this would probably take an other hour, at least, I asked the staff at the reception to get my broken device and my shipping box back.

When I asked her why she couldn't simply take the broken Gateway, scan it, and put a note in my account, since I had already received and installed the replacement Gateway at home, her answer was that she didn't have the computer that would allow her to access my account.

We are in the 21st century. People can setup their entire house to be run from their phone, using xfinity services, but any xfinity employee can't do a thing as simple as scanning the returned device, put a note in the account, and provide a receipt. No, instead I wasted an hour of my life for nothing, and that of my family.

se 

Schedule and location wise, it should have been easier for me to use the xfinity store, but I'll use UPS, whenever I have time to go there when it's open. I am definitely not going back to a xfinity store, ever.

If you want to do something for me, escalate this message. Someone, somewhere in that company, can make sure than returning a device doesn't take longer than going to the doctor's office.

Official Employee

@Amyga- If you can send me a private message with the store's address and employee names (if you have any) I can address it directly. 

Frequent Visitor

I was planning to post an update sooner, so this is what happened 2+ weeks ago:

TLDR:
Went to another Xfinity store to confirm that the staff at the front desk could not proceed to the return.
Went to UPS, only had one foot in the store that the UPS staff ask me "Comcast?", I said "Yep!", then he said "You're all set. Have a nice day!", "Thanks!" I said...

Detailed version:
I received a new Gateway from Xfinity to replace a seemingly broken one. Hooking the new one was relatively simple.
Put the old one in the shipping box, and decided to go visit the Xfinity store (Framingham), because this is Sunday, it's near my home on my to go shopping, and UPS is closed on Sunday.
Enter the Xfinity store, nice look, welcomed by a nice lady (don't remember the name, but she did mention it). I told her that I am returning this equipment in it original box, since I got a new one. She unpack it, give me a ticket and ask me to wait for someone else to call my name.
This is a nice store, but after an hour waiting, with two "technical" staff to answer customers, plus the front desk staff, I was #7, I only saw 2 people being served, so maybe I am #4, but I don't see the screen being updated, I am still #7, and one of the "technical" staff was condescending to his previous customer and his doing the same with his current customer, it's time to go...
Luckily for me, the front desk lady is very nice, but not very productive, my shipping box is still near the front desk. So she easily locate my Gateway, and place it back in the box. I did mention that it would make more sense for simple exchange like that, if she would be able to handle it when the rest of the staff is busy.

After posting on this forum, and based on the answer from ComcastElla, which made it sound like this was store specific, I decided to test if this was just a one store thing. So I went to Xfinity in Milford. The customer entering the store in front of me was also returnig and piece of equipment, he was also handled a ticket to wait his turn, he did ask why he can't just drop it get a receipt from the front desk and go. So I can confirm that this is ot store specific, it's just the way it is.

So then I went to teh UPS store and this is what hapenned:

- me: open the door and make one step inside UPS store

- UPS staff: sees me, comes towards, sees the box and ask:  "Comcast?"

- me: "Yep!"

- UPS staff: "You're all set." picl up the box then add: "Have a nice day!"

-me (still holding the door with one hand): "Thanks!", then I leave.

This was, hopefully, my first and last time in a Xfinity store, unless Xfinity becomes as efficient as UPS, then I'll reconsider.

Official Employee

Hi Amyga, thank you for sharing your experience here with us. I apologize that the Comcast service center wasn't as quick to resolve this issue for you which is why we have a partnership with UPS for a better return experience. A lot of our stores can become a bit crowded due to various different reasons but luckily we have other outlets like the UPS store to take care of your more simple needs. Any return can be taken to any UPS location and sent back to Comcast, you would just need to keep your receipt for tracking information to ensure your package arrives. If our phone lines are busy when you need support you can contact us via Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and here on Forums. We have also implemented some trouble shooting tools within our "My Account" app if you need help troubleshooting a problem. Last but not least we have hundreds of self-help articles that can be found online under the "Support" tab to assistance you with any issue or questions that you may have regarding our services.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. It's nice to hear that at least that part seems up to what should 21st century standard.

Official Employee

You're welcome, have a good day.