Community Forum

Signed Up For Promo Plan But A Different Plan Was Installed. Can Someone Please Help?

New Poster

Signed Up For Promo Plan But A Different Plan Was Installed. Can Someone Please Help?

On December 5, 2017, I signed up for a Comcast/Xfinity Promo Plan which read exactly as follows:

Internet Plus Instant TV + Speed Increase to Blast! Internet

Includes:

Upgrade to Blast! speeds included

STARZ included for 12 months

Stream live TV with no extra equipment

HD service at no extra cost

Option to add, new flexible channel packs

Cloud DVR (20 hours of storage)

And my receipt stated "Installation Fees"...  Professional Installation $0.00

Okay, so on Friday December 7, 2017, the installer came to my home, had never heard of the plan, called your office and ended up installing a different plan that we did not sign up for.  He tried to make us pay $60 for installation but I showed him my receipt which said $0.00 for installation.

I tried to get him to include the HD but he said it was not a part of my package.  But it is.  See above.

So that night I called and talked 47 minutes to 2 different people and they both said there was nothing they could do because they had never heard of the plan I signed up for.  I said I had a screen shot of it, so they told me to take the screen shot to a local store and show it to them and they would make sure I got that plan.

So the next day, December 8, 2017, we went to the local store and showed the person working there the screen shot of the plan.  He said there was nothing he could do from there.  He did not understand why anyone would tell us to go to their store like that with a screen shot.  He said I would have to talk to an agent on the 800 number again.  So he gave me what he referred to as a Hope Ticket (which was a piece of scratch paper on which he had handwritten "Hope Ticket 8669") and told me to call the 800 number in a few days.

So on Friday morning, December 15, 2017, I called and talked to someone - who said she had never heard of a Hope Ticket - but who also said Comcast would fix this at no cost to me for installation because it was Comcast's  mistake that they gave us the wrong plan.  This call was 31 minutes long.  She talked to her supervisor and said they would get this resolved and get us the correct plan we ordered.  AND she would call me back Monday morning December 18. 

Well, she never called back, so, on Monday December 18, I contacted Comcast again, this time via a Live Agent, saying I never got a call back. 

On Tuesday afternoon, December 19, 2017, I finally got a call back saying they were still working on it and she would let me know something soon.

Well today is December 27, 2017 and I have not heard anything back from anyone at Comcast.  Meanwhile, we still have the wrong plan installed and still have no HD which was supposed to be included and no Cloud DVR which was supposed to be included too.

I am wondering what in the world I am supposed to do to get this resolved?  I already had to pay the first month's bill for a plan I did not order.  Is this how you treat new customers?  I also know Comcast has a 30 day money back guarantee and I am still inside that 30 days.  I am considering just canceling it all and going elsewhere. 

Is there anyone out there who can help me?  I honestly don't know what to do!

Official Employee

Re: Signed Up For Promo Plan But A Different Plan Was Installed. Can Someone Please Help?

jaborewo, let's take a look at our options for correcting this package error. If your original package is still available, I will apply it. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your phone number, account address, and full name for assistance.