Community Forum

Serviceability Team - Address Verification Request

Regular Visitor

Serviceability Team - Address Verification Request

I'm posting on behalf of my friend, because he's having problems getting an active account. He wants to become an XFinity member and sign up for internet service. In the online database it gives the message, "The address you entered could not be recognized". He's tried chatting for assistance and all of the chats keep getting randomly closed, and was called by Comcast because they think his address is his next-door neighbor's. The other ironic point here is that he had scheduled service installation today and the onsite tech wanted a reschedule because "its a two man job" and the tech was the only one working Sunday - even though there's a clear path from the cable entry point to the box at the pole.

Is there anyone who can help him with next steps? He planned his whole day around trying to get service setup to become a customer and this experience is extremely frustrating for him to say the least (and also makes Comcast look bad). I know there are helpful Comcast employees in the forums - can one of you assist him please? 

I won't post PII here, but if someone replies to this thread happy to dialogue with them. thank you!

Regular Visitor

Re: Serviceability Team - Address Verification Request

I guess they don't want the business... I am in the same situation because I am moving into a new construction area. 

Official Employee

Re: Serviceability Team - Address Verification Request

Hello all,

@shisiosan - I can check if we need to reach out to construction team for your friend's request. Please send me a private message and include full name, address, and a phone number. 

@RickTran  - I see that one of my colleagues already reached you and addressed your request.