Community Forum

Serviceability Request--Expanding Service to Rural Street

Regular Visitor

Serviceability Request--Expanding Service to Rural Street

Hello,

I would like to request service on my rural street, which is next to a street that already has service.  The area is being gentrified, and I have a number of neighbors who want service too.  I would gladly commit to a premium package--I am a long term Comcast customer (with service at another address). 

Is there someone at Comcast who can help us?  In case it helps, the zip code for the location is 49408.

Thanks for any help.

Expert

Re: Serviceability Request--Expanding Service to Rural Street

@GeorgeF1

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

@Nerdburg wrote:

@GeorgeF1

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Thanks Nerdberg, that's very kind of you!   
  Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Hi GeorgeF1. I can assist with submitting a Serviceability ticket for you, so we can determine if we are able to extend service to you address. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

I have contacted Comcast to provide interenet at our new home a year ago.  They state that I am not in there area.  I have a map that says different.  Their answer to that, completely ignore me calls, requests, etc.  I have since found out they pulled this same stance to other people in the area and they took their problem up a notch and in a month or two comcast had to admit that they "made an error" and put in internet on that street.  I'm going to go back after them again as I am here longer this time.  I advise you to keep after them as they will fight it as long as they can get away with not providing new service even though they are receiving the tax for that property.  Good Luck

Valued Contributor

bskirk07, Comcast doesn't NOT want to provide service for customers. Do you think they are turning down an entire street/subdivision/area's monthly service charges out of spite? No, it is because at the time they didn't have the foundation to setup service. There are many factors before establishing service in an area. Does any company have rights here? Does the city have some type of agreement? Then you have construction itself, physically building out the lines and cable network, factoring in utilitiies and easements, agreements with apartment complexes and housing authorities. Then, after all the "main lines" are ran, they have to run drops for each address itself, physically adding each and every address into their systems, (which checks with USPS) so you have your own dedicated line. This is a very, very, broke down, quick run down of the headache of building into a new area, so maybe think of these things before you accuse Comcast of "not wanting to give me service out of spite" They don't just "beam down the 'signal' from space"
Regular Visitor

We have recently moved and find out that Xfinity is not available. It is only 3/4 of a mile down the road. Over 100 houses here on a growing area north of Nashville. Matthew's Road Cedar Hill Tn 37032. I had to get Hughes net but will dump them if you will please come. Nothing else out here.