Community Forum

Service

Regular Visitor

Service

I been calling comcast and they are saying that my house is too far from the pole, in a straight line my house is 275 ft from the pole, keep in mind my neighbor across the street has comcast in their house and they just have a line running to their house, the line is not ran in a straight line but a straight line from their house to the pole is 325 ft, comcast is saying that it is going to cost too much money to service my house but can't give me anymore information than that, I plan on going down to the office to get more information, my question is how much money and what kind of work are they talking about, are they talking about running a line to the house or are they talking about putting a plant extension, if they are talking about putting a plant extension in then why does my neighbor across the street not have a plant extension. And just a wire ran to their house, also I'm trying to figure how what work they are talking about and what kind of deal that we can make seeing that I have a contractor license and can do the work myself, any info would help, thank you
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Service

They’ll book someone from the construction department to do a site survey and let you know what they can/can’t do and the costs associated. Employees over the phone or in person won’t have any answers regarding cost or what’s involved, just the construction department. Don’t get hung up on what your neighbors have or don’t have.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

That's no problem, from what they said they had someone come out but I dont really think they did, I told them I want to tall to someone from the construction the department but they said there is no way to, I can go to one of the locations and talk to some one, in which like you said I would like someone to come out and talk to me at the time and tell me what is needed to be done so I can figure this [removed] out lol

Regular Visitor

Sorry meant to say that's the problem
From what they said it can be done but it will cost them a lot of money to do and with that cost they dont want to do it, so with that being said I'm trying to figure out what they say needs to be done and come to an agreement to let me do it, just trying to figure out who to talk to as far as are they talking about an extension or just running the cable that they dont want to do
Regular Visitor

Like I said I have a license so just trying to figure out from their poi t of view as to what needs to be done, if permits need to be pulled ok, it was be pulled as a home owner it would be pulled as a contractor
Diamond Problem Solver

I’ll escalate it to try to get you some answers. Regardless of your licensing, they’re not going to let you touch it, too much liability to worry about.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @Nick3761, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! We appreciate your interest in Comcast services and we would love to become your service provider. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you have experienced thus far, but I would love to doublecheck everything and further assist you with this. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@Nick3761,  I'm delighted that I was able to assist you with getting someone out and determining that we can extend the line to your home. We can't wait and look forward to you becoming a Comcast customer. Please be sure to reach back out to us to get started after the line has been extended. Please reach out to us for any future issues or concerns as well, we're here to help.

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!