Community Forum

Service transfer SNAFU

New Poster

Service transfer SNAFU

I'm getting married and am moving to my fiancé's house. I called this morning to cancel my service but the price for TV plus internet was better than the competition's so I agreed to transfer service. The new house hasn't had Comcast service for 12 years so a technician would have to come out to hook up the service. They had an appointment today so I took a 1/2 day at work and went to my new address and waited. Long story short, the rep on the phone tranposed the new and old address, which boggles my mind because my old address had service and would not need to be hooked up. 

I am a bit upset. 

It took three calls before I got through to a human being that could actually do something about this and the rep on the phone couldn't believe how someone could screw up this bad. I said that I would like to cancel my "new" service and he didn't even try to keep me as a customer.

I lost half a day's wages and have nothing to show for it. I would like to file a complaint against the person that took my order. But I want to file a real complaint that will actually mean something and not just rant on Twitter. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. 

Official Employee

Re: Service transfer SNAFU

Hi youarejoking, apologies for you experience trying to transfer your services. I am showing you called in after this post and spoke to a supervisor, were they able to assist you with this transfer?

Thank you