Community Forum

Service to Newly Constructed Home

New Poster

Service to Newly Constructed Home

Who do you talk to get internet and TV service at a newly constructed home, in a new subdivision that is yet available on GPS systems and cannot be identified by the Xfinity/Comcast online system.  Customer service has failed to be of any help. Even though appointments were set up to talk to custome service reps capable of working with customers to get service in new homes never showed for the appointments. I spent all of November and Decemeber trying to continue my service at our new home, but was unable to get service moved and connected. Xfinity/Comcast service is available in the area and the subdivision HOA at Tollgate Village has recently terminated it's exclusive contract with a local service provider. Howerver, I have had to go with a new provider.  

I, also, have an issue with the move around the early termination fee I am having to pay because I could not get service at my new home. I am very disappointed with customer service and it's lack of empathy.  While, I have enjoyed Xfinity/Comcast services over the last 20 years. The current experience with customer service leaves a stark bitter taste, which makes me hesitant to ever use Xfinity/Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Service to Newly Constructed Home

HA!, I'm having very simliar issues with getting service in a new construction home in Berwick, ME. I don't have the GPS issue but they don't seem to deal with the new construction installs well at all. They also scheduled an appt. back in Dec. but no show. 

I managed to get a new "install" appt. today from them for Friday but I'm so afraid they are going to show up and say "oh wait, you need a trench dug and conduit installed and a line pull from the pole before we do an install" and I'm going to say "yes... I know, that's what I've been saying for 3 months now."

Please reply to your thread if you manage to get to someone that can help your situation and I will do the same. 

Official Employee

Hello malomaye. We truly appreciate your customer loyalty over the past years, however regarding our policy for our term agreements, we try to make the information readily available which states that if you terminate services due to moving outside the Comcast footprint, then our Early Termination Fees apply. I can assist with researching and / or submitting a Serviceability Survey for your new home. This will go through our local Tech Ops team who can determine if we are able to offer service to your new location. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi jim_ducharme. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. If you need followup assistance with your scheduled install, I can help you as well. If needed, feel free to send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello malomaye. We did not receive a response from you. This thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to reach out via private message. If you need help with something else, create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you.

Official Employee

Hello jim_ducharme. We did not receive a response from you. This thread has been locked. If you still need assistance with the matter, feel free to reach out via private message. If you need help with something else, create a new post and our team would be more than happy to help you.