Community Forum

Service still *NOT* installed but getting billed already - HELP!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Service still *NOT* installed but getting billed already - HELP!

I signed up for both Internet & TV service (Extreme Pro +) over a week but still don't have service. A tech has come out (Comcast sub-contractor) & said that he couldn't do the install because the outside plant team needs to come out & run their cable through the underground conduit (home is in a new development in 95816 that is 95% close to being fully built out). A couple of hours after the install date, an outside plant tech (Comcast in-house tech) came out, explained the issue & started working on running cable, etc. He finished a few hours later & said he updated the ticket. He mentioned the install tech would be contacting me later to drop by & continue the install.  This should be a pretty easy install for them: the house is prewired in every room with dual Ethernet & cable TV drops. There is a box in the garage for the service providers to come in from the underground conduit into the house. There is a small cabinet near the laundry room where all data & cable TV connections agrregate. I have a new MB8600 modem ready to be activated.

The problem started when I tried to reschedule the install (btw, the Comcast sub-contractor never called back). I've tried rescheduling via phone, chat feature & Twitter messaging - NO LUCK! The Comcast call center in the Philippines keeps telling me I can do it via the app which I have - it keeps saying "no service appointments".

If a Comcast employee happens to read this post, would you mind contacting me/escalating this to your senior management? Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Service still *NOT* installed but getting billed already - HELP!

fwiw & for reference,  see the Installations, Outages, and Service Calls section.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/customer-service-standards

You might want to goto nearest Xfinity store & attempt geting new Install appointment.  And After service is installed, but before the billing pay-by date,  request prorated credits for numbr of days w/o service,  based on the billing service_period date_range shown on the bill. & due to service not physically connected till [date].

And remember you only have 30 days, (from start date on bill), to cancel services, (& maybe start over), 20 days to be safe though, If there is still no service connected to your house & no resolve offered.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Service still *NOT* installed but getting billed already - HELP!

Thanks for the helpful reply. I have been to a store & they cannot do anything because the service ticket to run cable from the undergorund conduit to the house is stuck in an "open" state. However, I did observe the outside plant tech close it on his work tablet/iPad, which should have moved it back to "ready for install" state for the local dispatch team to pickup & assign a tech to it right away - at least, that's what the call center supervisor told me. I even offerred to share pictures I took of the work but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. The folks that work at the call center are nothing short of comical - I feel like I'm on a comedy show every time I call them.