Community Forum

Service is a complete joke

Highlighted
New Poster

Service is a complete joke

Absolutely horrid service. I filled out a move services request around 10am. The system gave me an automatic message saying I'd get a phone call in 2 hours. I did not receive a phone call until 9pm that night - 11 HOURS LATER. I started service at my old apartment. A 2-year service agreement for 400mbps with the router rental fee waived for $60/month. When I picked up equipment from the service center I let them know I'd only be at my apartment for a few weeks and I gave them the address of my new apartment. The service center not only tried to run another credit check, they started service at my new apartment - the one I was not living at. So when I went home, I had to be on the phone with tech support for 3 hours with multiple people until someone finally realized what had happened. Once service began at my actual residence speeds were at half of what I was paying for and I had to call tech support again, only to receive the answer that someone would need to come out to inspect the problem. I did not have someone come out as I was going out of town only a few days later. I have since moved out of that apartment and am moving into the new apartment tomorrow. When I spoke to 2 different people over the phone I was told that the 2-year contract was actually only a 1-year contract and that the package I was given was not actually available at the new apartment, even though it's the same billing zip code and is literally less than 5 miles away from my previous address. This package was even sold to my boyfriend who lives in a completely different zip code on a 2-year agreement the same day I was sold it. After an hour of being on the phone and being told by the "supervisor" guy who was "helping" me that I was a liar and everything I was saying was completely inaccurate, and that out of the 5-10 people I've spoken to over the last month that he was actually the source of truth, he hung up on me. This occurred at 10pm. I had to purchase this service because the plan I was on previously was my father's and he committed suicide only several weeks ago. I downloaded the Xfinity app today to check on my account, only to see the screen come up: "YOU NO LONGER HAVE XFINITY SERVICE". I've paid the one and only $60 bill I received on time. I cannot begin to explain how ludicrous my experience with this company has been. If this screen is accurate, and I no longer have Xfinity service, and you've somehow violated your contract even more by discontinuing my service without my consent you deserve a class-action lawsuit, as I know from every other customer I've spoken to you treat everyone just as horribly. I will never recommend this service or company to anyone, and will happily give my business and money to Century Link.