Community Forum

Service for new construction home

Regular Visitor

Service for new construction home

I am a current Comcast customer frustrated who is building a new home and would like to transfer service. My wife and I have been trying for 2 months to get someone to help us. We have talked to 'Managers', gone to our local office here in town, etc. At issue is that our address cannot be found in their system. Keep in mind that we are moving in next week and we have had utilities (gas, electric, water) at the house for about 2months now. This really shouldn't be as difficult as Comcast is making it out to be. Our neighbor 2 doors down has Xfinity service. What can I do? 

Expert

Re: Service for new construction home

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi, sparksrj - I can submit a Serviceability request for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

Regular Visitor

Thanks so much for your help!
Official Employee

@sparksrj - I got your message with the account information, thank you so much. I replied back requesting some additional information. Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience. 

Official Employee

Thank you for providing the detailed information. I appreciate it. I opened a serviceability ticket with the local market. Your previous ticket was closed due to wrong ticket type. It seems like we just need to add your address to our system but I don't know all the local market details for this process. I will follow up on Sunday to provide the status of the ticket.