Community Forum

Service down over Christmas for a week and I got a bill extra for it

New Poster

Service down over Christmas for a week and I got a bill extra for it

All three services tv, internet, and phone were down from Dec 21 – 28 (yes, the absolute worse time to be down!). Telephone customer service tried everything, but was not able to resolve over the phone so they decided to send a live technician, but was not able to get one out until a week later.

The live tech immediately found that the culprit was the main cable box. He swapped it out and everything worked fine.

I was surprised to receive a bill however for $60. I have called numerous times and receive various responses, but however the facts remain:

1. I did NOT request a tech visit
  2. I was not informed that a tech visit would cost $60
  3. I have requested documentation from Comcast where I signed off on this charge but have not received it.
  4. Why did the original telephone customer service agent not just advise me to either a) mail in my cable box for a replacement or b) go to my local Comcast office and get this replaced.

I have continually paid my bill on time since with the exception of this $60. I respectfully ask that this charge be removed from my bill and all late fees rescinded as well.

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Service down over Christmas for a week and I got a bill extra for it

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Service down over Christmas for a week and I got a bill extra for it

Hi, redempster - I can review your account and see if there is a way to credit back a $60 charge. Please private message me your full name, address, and a phone and/or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.