Community Forum

Service at New Construction

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Service at New Construction

Last week I moved into a new house -- new construction, not just new for me. I have called so many times and requested the construction arm of Comcast to run the cable to my house from the street. No matter what I say, I can not get someone to understand what I need and they keep sending the same guy -- he just called to say he's not coming to this appointment because he knows there's nothing for him to install. I know the builder of the property attempted to get service set up because the address was in Comcast's system. They ran the conduit to the house but it's empty and the cable hasn't been run from the street. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET NEW INSTALLATION? It is absolutely mental that it is this difficult -- I mean, the number of forum posts saying the same thing over a period of years is just ridiculous. I can't call the construction portion of the company. The technicians who have been out here say they can't call the correct department. And customer service doesn't know what I'm talking about when I say "I need the guys with the trucks with the big spools of cable." 

I love Comcast when it works but getting service is beyond stupid. I may just have to switch to another provider if I can't get this sorted. I work from home and reliable internet is a requirement. 

Oh yeah. I'm also being billed still for zero service.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Service at New Construction

Please can someone help me? I put in a ticket over a week ago. No response to that. Tech who was sent out twice, has attempted to escalate to his supervisor and we can't get answers there either.