Community Forum

Service Upgrade --- Cannot Cancel Service Upgrade Without Paying More Than What You Were Paying

Highlighted
New Poster

Service Upgrade --- Cannot Cancel Service Upgrade Without Paying More Than What You Were Paying

I had a basic Internet plan and wanted an upgrade so I can watch TV (for news) during the stay at home period.  Searched on Xfinity website and found an upgrade tv package where I get increased speed plus new TV channels.  The package offering page says that you can cancel within 30 days.  So, I picked an upgrade that would cost me about $30 more than what I was paying.  Upon upgrade, I found out the basic TV does not fit my purpose and other tv channels are latino which I do not uderstand so I tried to call customer service to cancel the upgrade.   That started my journey of learning the Xfinity customer services: I called mutiple times including serveral times whenI was connected with an agent who would tell me they cannot help but Loyalty Program agents can help so they passed me to someone in the loyalty program.  Interestingly, after speaking with the loyalty agent for a few mintues my call were unexpectedly switched to a waiting que.  This happened a few times.  I tried my patience including one yesterday when I was on hold for more than 90 minutes between the customer service agent (via call back request) and the Loyalty Program agent.   I tried again today and was passed along to another agent at the Loyalty Program. This time, I was able to explain my ask again.  I was told that while I can cancel my upgrade, but if I do, I will not be able to go back to my old plan; and that the closest plan that is similar to my old plan would cost me more than the upgrade I signed up for.   In essence, my ability to cancel my upgrade does not really mean I can cancel since if I cancel, I would end up paying more than $30/month for  same level of services I had before.  Does this sound reasonable to anyone?