Community Forum

Service Outage from Utility Pole - Construction Help

New Poster

Service Outage from Utility Pole - Construction Help

Hello there,

A drunk driver destroyed the utility pole connecting to our house over this weekend (2 days ago). Both power and internet were disconnected. A new pole has been placed in and power restored, but the internet cable connecting to our home remains severed. An xFinity technician has already been out to our home yesterday and confirmed everything above, and said that he would put in a another ticket for the construction team. I cannot get access to any xfinity hotspots around the area either. 

I'd like to know the following: 

- When would be a reasonable estimated time for a construction team to come by and reinstall the new cable (days? weeks?) 

- Is there any method that I could get an update of when a construction team would be coming by? 

- I notice that on the outage map that no outage has been reported in my address, should this be included?

- For localized outages that may potentially last a while (several weeks? months?), is there any reimbursement for lost services during that time? 

I am concerned that our  xFinity internet service will not be restored for a long time and I would like to plan accordingly. Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Service Outage from Utility Pole - Construction Help

Greetings, yloke! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the loss of service that's certainly beyond yours and our control. That's certainly frustrating.  I would like to take a look into the account and see if there are any updates. Please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Service Outage from Utility Pole - Construction Help

Hello, yloke. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!