Community Forum

Service Issue - they won’t respond

New Poster

Service Issue - they won’t respond

2 long & 2 much 2 get fully n2. Just believe me when I say they are liars, cheaters, dishonest, cheap horrible company. They charged us for 5/6 yrs for 3 had/dvr boxes. R apt only had 1 room & a tiny bedroom. Was impossible 2 have 3 tvs. @ least 3 tech & 5/6 managers knew they were doing this & guaranteed/promised many things including to obviously resolve issue. Never did & very quickly they all completely ignored & never responded or did anything.

Just moved 2 new apt beginning of may. R ‘luxury apts’ have a ‘Comcast/xfinity’ rep that u call & he hooks u up.

He changed wat I wanted, promised wat would b n r package. Was complete a huge lie. ALL new customers get MANY things. Free installation, not only did we not get that but they actually charged us $79.99 4 installation which is already $30 higher than it would b @ full price. We have only been n r new apt 20 days & were already getting calls from billing dept & they have r official bill already @ $511 (& it says DUE IMMEDIATELY, if not paid in full service will be turned off).

The rep didn’t even show up 4 instal. The guy that came only set up 2 tvs (yes r new place is so much nicer & bigger) so we have lil den that we have lil/3rd tv n. He only setup 2 tvs, said there was no power cord 4 tv n living room/main tv.

R apt was literally empty other than the 3 tvs & r 2 laptops (that’s it). The cord was sitting actually n stand w tv that he couldn’t find & just ignored & didn’t ask & just left. In fact we even randomly had an extra power cord bc we have all Vizio tvs.

Then he setup all the tvs incorrectly & if u hit ANY button on ANY of the 3 remotes, that specific action would happen on every tv. So I had 2 uninstall everything he did & then it took me 2 hrs 2 fix & completely setup ALL 3 tvs myself, setup/config the cable/hd/etc & setup & connect all the remotes 2 each tv/1 only. I also had 2 rename/delete/redo all the settings 4 the tv names, main tv, dvr, etc.

The package I wanted was $175 (ALL IN per month) that was the special they had on their home page/website 4 new customers which I was bc it was n my name now & I never had anything 2 do w old cable. Which FYI, was somehow $350/month (had 5 yr old 75 mbps modern/internet, home phone that didn’t work, old box & 3rd tv level package from the best (should b approx $100 4 tv)

Once I set everything up, we found out that we have ‘basic plus’ tv package. NO Cinemax, hbo, red zone & 15 additional other channels that we r paying 4. He also didn’t/want send us the $200 Comcast/debit/credit card u get w any new triple play package.

He made us go w the this package bc he said that 4 $10 less a month we would get 400 mbps internet speed (instead of 250) & LITERALLY THE ONLY CHANNEL/DIFFERENCE N PLANS IS NO HBO. & I can at anytime subscribe 2 hbo for $10/month.

It turns out & is confirmed by 5 diff Comcast employees/tech support/& online ALL the top tv packages come standard w 400 mbps, they don’t do 250 mbps at all anymore.

& there is 100% guaranteed @ least 10 additional large/major items/issues that I didn’t even go n2 or mention at all.

HORRIBLE. & I’m STILL trying 2 get Comcast 2 fix/resolve this (or any of the issues). Have had no luck yet. I have documentation, texts, official emails, etc that overwhelming backs everything up but they just ignore it.

I’m now going 2 b posting EXTREMELY 100% honest/sincere posts on ALL of their social media accts, their website, & take a full hour & also post 2 as many forums/blogs/etc that r applicable in addition.

Oh yea, this is the cherry on top, they didn’t even spell my name write & put wrong apt #. So my official acct name, username, online access/login/etc r also all wrong so I can’t login or access any of my bills, acct (I can get into/access absolutely nothing)

Aaron

Expert

Re: Service Issue - they won’t respond

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Service Issue - they won’t respond

Hi @Aaron_Metlosky

It sounds like you may have had a balance on your previous account that transferred to the new account which caused such a high balance on your first month's bill at the new address. I'd like to help confirm whether or not this is the case. I will also help with your account information and make sure it is correct if I can. I'd also like to review your plan to see how we can make this right.

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

If I don't reply right away, I will reach out when I get back in the office. My working hours are Sunday-Thursday's 2:30 - 11 PM MST. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!