Community Forum

Service Insurance

New Poster

Service Insurance

I have been having continued issues with my service for over 2 years, customer service and/or technical support have confirmed they can see the issue. However, after my last NIGHTMARE with Comcast customer service; 4 calls disconnected with no return call, promises never kept, technician was suppose to be scheduled...I can keep going on. I had to follow up a few days later because a promised credit was NEVER applied, go figure. This new representative said she couldn't see anything in the system, as there were NO notes...are you freaking kidding me? So I told her I spoke with Gary who assured me he was taking care of this and monitoring my rental equipment, would you like the ticket number. To my surprise she said she saw information on my account, behold the miracle! The she proceeded to tell me I can but insurance on the equipment in my home for $5.99, this was a technician can come out to my home for no charge. So on top of the almost $300.00 a month a pay you, which includes "RENTAL" equipment, equipment that is NOT working and that I have been paying a rental fee for each month, you want me to pay an addition $5.99. If you rent an apartment and something happens with the plumbing..you call the landlord and they fix it...that is why you pay rent and not purchase it out right, common sense, right? She proceeded to argue with me and could not give me a straight answer as to why I need to pay additional money. I have been a customer for over 11 years and have never had such crappy, unprofessional(and I'm being nice) customer service. Again I'm keeping a record of everything through this forum, so when I send a complaint through the BBB and send something in to the news I have a complete record. People should not be treated like this, not for the money we have to pay.

Expert

Re: Service Insurance

The Service Protection Plan covers communications wiring in your home, not equipment. If Comcast's equipment is faulty, it is replaced free of charge.

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Re: Service Insurance

Thank you for providing the information, nerdburg. You are correct. 

Hello Suezqcf12. If you are still experiencing trouble with your services, I can help. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Regarding our Service Protection Plan:

• The Service Protection Plan protects you against charges for service visits related to the standard maintenance of installed In-Home Wiring that works with your residential XFINITY TV, XFINITY Internet, and XFINITY Voice services. That wiring is largely within your home and is not owned or controlled by Comcast. In addition, the Service Protection Plan will protect you against charges for service visits related to education about your XFINITY TV, XFINITY Internet, XFINITY Voice, and XFINITY Home services, as well as for the diagnosis of issues relating to the connection between your Customer Equipment and your XFINITY services. There are some exceptions but the Service Protection Plan covers the charges associated with most types of service visits our customers encounter. You do not need to purchase the Service Protection Plan to receive support for any issue affecting Comcast's outside plant or network, your XFINITY services, or any equipment rented to you by Comcast.