Community Forum

Service Cancellation ignored

Regular Visitor

Service Cancellation ignored

My husband called in on July 16th to cancel our TV and Phone service, but retain our current internet package.  The lady he talked to stated we would still have our current internet but that all other services would be disconnected and we could return the equipment by dropping it off at a UPS store.   When I paid my bill today, my plan still shows that I have the current triple pay package instead of just internet.  I talked to Divjot to pay my bill, and he stated there was no record of the phone call requesting my "downgradation".  What does it take to get cable disconnected and just keep internet?    If I have my husband call again, he is not going to be a happy camper and at this point, neither am I.   I have always been happy with Comcast, and the only reason we are downgrading is because of costs.  But at this point, I am ready to find another internet service altogether.  

Expert

Re: Service Cancellation ignored

@Sothrn1962 wrote:

My husband called in on July 16th to cancel our TV and Phone service, but retain our current internet package.  The lady he talked to stated we would still have our current internet but that all other services would be disconnected and we could return the equipment by dropping it off at a UPS store.   When I paid my bill today, my plan still shows that I have the current triple pay package instead of just internet.  I talked to Divjot to pay my bill, and he stated there was no record of the phone call requesting my "downgradation".  What does it take to get cable disconnected and just keep internet?    If I have my husband call again, he is not going to be a happy camper and at this point, neither am I.   I have always been happy with Comcast, and the only reason we are downgrading is because of costs.  But at this point, I am ready to find another internet service altogether.  

If you were going by your online bill, that doesn't update until the next bill is generated.  Your next bill will be prorated until July 16th; equipment fees will prorate until returned.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Service Cancellation ignored

I wasn't going by my online bill.  I was going by the fact that it shows my services still include TV and phone.  That should have been updated on the 16th, not when I get a new bill.   And my bill is processed after the 16th, so actually yes, that should have been updated as well.