Community Forum

Service Call

Regular Visitor

Service Call

I recently cancelled the cable/phone portion of my Comcast due to rates.   Last week I received a promotional letter in the mail basically getting me to the rate that I wanted to be at, so I reactivated service.  All of my boxes, modems, etc...were still in place.   Both customer service reps stated that I needed to have a technician come out to the house to replace everything since the tech was old (keeping in mind that my cable has only been cancelled for 2.5 weeks.)   I didn't argue, but did ask if we could just activate what I have, since the Internet had never been cancelled....answer was no.  Tech required or I could pack up all my gear and take it to them and they could mail me new gear within 5 business days for me to set up.   I am not good at setting stuff up, so opted for the technician.   No complaints about the service reps.   The technician showed up and was also friendly and knowledgeable.   He carried in new gear and collected the few boxes I was going to return from extra TVs.  He looked at the modem and the TV receiver box and said that I did not need a technician to come out and they should have just activated what I had (like I requested).   He told me to contact retention and tell them to remove the fee for sending him out, since he wasn't needed and did nothing.    I need that number....

Regular Contributor

Re: Service Call

Hello Ranger55,

I can actually process your request here. All you have to do is verify your account so I can begin. Please send a private message with your account number, phone number, and service address. Once I have this I can begin. Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Service Call

I ended up using the chat feature on the main website. They credited my account for the unnecessary service call.