Community Forum

Service Call for "Ingress " Issue

Contributor

Service Call for "Ingress " Issue

Not sure if correct forum as it is a Technical Issue , but not specific to a particular service.

So, I had a Notice left in my Mailbox, and have recieved emails telling me that an Issue has been detected on my service. I may not( and havent) notice a problem. The card had Ingress checked off. 

I had a Tech come a couple of weeks ago, and all my ,then, problems were fixed. They went through all my connections then, so I dont think its from that.

I called and made an appointment for tomorrow.(sunday. Amazing service). The agent on the phone went through  a long, and probably scripted explanation, but I confess I didnt really understand much.

What exactly should I be  expecting here.

Official Employee

Re: Service Call for "Ingress " Issue

Ingress is noise/interference backfeeding out of your house. Like you said, you may not even realize or notice anything but it’s there. If it is bad enough the maintenance team will put a high pass filter on your drop to get you to call in(which is what happened). Either the previous tech didn’t check for it or didn’t really fix everything.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I am taking this moment to express my sincere gratitute to the Technician who came to my house on Sunday morning to fix this issue. Not only did he solve the problem by replacing the outside line to my house, which was at least 25 years old, he also replaced my internal line to my modem and tidied up all of the cables in my basement which led to all my outlets.(most of which had not been put there by comcast). The line to my modem was an old one that was fed across my basement ceiling and through a wall. I feel this was more than I had expected and I am very grateful. This was the second Tech that has visited my house in the last month, where both have gone to great lengths to make sure I was satisfied.

I am.

Thankyou also Comcast Andrew for your description of the issue. It helped me understand what to expect. When the Tech told me what was happening, I had a better understanding of what he was describing.

Official Employee

Great to know that your latest tech got you squared away, if you need anything in the future feel free to reach out.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!