Community Forum

Serious question: How do I get someone to actually install my internet cable and service?

New Poster

Serious question: How do I get someone to actually install my internet cable and service?

9/12 - I ordered 250Mb  internet service.  I'm a new customer.  I told them there is no cable going to the house. 

9/15 - Installer showed up and told me he needed to place an order for a cable to be run to the house.  (hmmm...I know that...I told the person whom I placed the order with).  I was also told that the installers do not run cable from the demarcation point to inside the house, so I had to go to Lowes and pick up a coax cable and ran it myself.  (What do old people do or people who don't know how to do that?)

9/17 - Two people came and ran a cable to the demarcation box outside the house but didn't put an end on it nor connected it.  They buried the cable as well. (That's a plus)

9/21 - Hadn't heard from Xfinity/Comcast.  So I called.  Nothing was scheduled for me to complete the installation.  I asked for someone to come by and connect the cable.   They said an Xfinity person - not a subcontractor - will be there on 9/22 between 1pm-3pm.

9/22 - Nobody showed up.  I called at 4pm.  They said someone will show up today.  Nobody showed up.

9/29 - I called and asked why nobody showed up on 9/22.  I was told the call was cancelled.  They couldn't tell me who or why it was cancelled.   I was told someone would be at my home on 10/1.  Guess what?!  Nobody showed up.