Community Forum

Serious credit issues thanks to Comcast!

Regular Visitor

Serious credit issues thanks to Comcast!

Hi,

I have an on-going issue with Comcast regarding a so-called delinquent balance of $413.97 for approximately the past 4+ years.  I have NEVER had any unpaid balances after cancelling an account or moving, and suddenly I was receiving phone calls from Southwest Credit Services saying I owe Comcast the aforementioned amount.   Obviously the agent I spoke with at Southwest couldn't provide specifics regarding the amount owed and/or an account number and said I have to speak with Comcast regarding those issues.  I spoke with a woman at Comcast (approximately 4 years ago) who couldn't find any deliquent balances associated with my name and/or previous addresses.  I gave her my old landline phone number from years prior which I never used but still had saved in my contacts.  When she entered the number, she said "okay yes, Courtney?".  My name is Shannon.  It appeared as though they recycled my original landline number AFTER I closed my account and for whatever reason, they keep calling me with HER delinquent balance.  A supervisor assured me it would be taken care of and apologized for any inconvenience. 

EVERY SINGLE YEAR ON THE SAME DAY since then, Southwest Credit Services sends me a bill for $413.97 followed by the usual harassing phone calls.  I don't understand how this is happening since the bill is coming in my name.  For the past 3 years, I have been told by a supervisor at Southwest that there is a current dispute in process and my account has been frozen until the disposition is determined.  AGAIN, on that same day, I receive the letters and phone calls.  I don't know what else to do.  My next step is to file a police report for identify theft since the delinquent fees are not mine.  I have the names of every single agent and supervisor I have spoken to for the past 3 years.  My credit is EXCELLENT (or should i say was).  I recently applied for a loan and the salesman told me my credit has a major area of concern.  My credit score has dropped over 100 points in the past year because of Comcast.  I have never had a delinquent account and/or collections account on my credit report.  I am being given false information by both Comcast and Southwest due to the fact that the account was not frozen as they said; as of 2/18, it's still delinquent, affecting my credit score on a monthly basis.  I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do.  After buying my house 2.5 years ago, I refuse to use any services by Comcast and/or speak well about the company.  My family, as well as myself, have been customers of Comcast for YEARS, but because of this mess, everyone has switched to other service providers.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE direct me on how to finalize this fraudulent account.  Thanks in advance. 

Official Employee

Re: Serious credit issues thanks to Comcast!

Hi, JBrown2340 - It's a normal practice for any company that provides phone service to recycle the unused phone number to a different customer. We keep the number in unavailable status for 90 days in case if the customer decides to port the number to a different phone company. I can investigate your case if you private message me your full name, the account holder's name and address as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. If you can provide more additional details regarding your issue - I will greatly appreciate it. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.