Community Forum

Sent to collections as a result of bad information given by comcast agents over the phone

New Poster

Sent to collections as a result of bad information given by comcast agents over the phone

I moved to a new place and ended my comcast service. I made all payments and thought I was done with it. Then I received a bill in the mail for another payment. Although I had cancelled my subscription and returned my equipment, they continued to charge me for service at an old address. I called and they reversed the charges. I made sure to be very clear with the agent that I did NOT owe any more money and that I wouldn't have to hear from them again. He assured me everything had been paid and I was finished with them. Then I received ANOTHER bill in the mail a couple of months later. When I called they told me that they had no record of my connversation with the agent who told me I had paid in full. I agreed to make the payment, but asked for an extention. They assured me that they would be taking no further action and said specifically, "take as long as you need and make the payment whenever you are ready." two weeks later, I received a letter from a collections agency in attempt to collect the payment. This interaction was beyond frustrating and my credit score will be affected by the bad information I was given TWICE over the phone. I will never use Comcast again <edited post for violation of forum guidelines> 

Official Employee

Re: Sent to collections as a result of bad information given by comcast agents over the phone

Hi mollyep,

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to close out your account. I'd like to review your account and the notices you've received from the collections department. Can you please attach a screenshot of them to a private message? I would also like to verify the billing dates for which you were billed and compare them with the dates you canceled so we can get this resolved. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!