Community Forum

Sent Wrong Cable Box Twice

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sent Wrong Cable Box Twice

Hi guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I’m just looking for some advice and I want to reserve Xfinity support for people who need it during these lockdowns.

So I recently added a cable box to our account so I could watch TV in my room, and our family has had X1 service since we moved to our new address over a year ago. Well, the box that was sent to me the first time was, from what I’ve researched, the oldest possible X1 box you can have. When I went to hook it up, it had the old iGuide interface so I couldn’t interact with any of the X1 features.

I was a little bummed out, but no big deal - shipping and packaging mistakes happen. So I contact support and the gentleman apologized and sent me a new box and assured me it was compatible with the X1 platform and it was of a Cisco model.

Well when I got this model, it was the exact same model with the exact same old legacy software.

I’m hesitant to contact support a third time about the same issue as it’s not really a dire issue and I’d rather the support lines be free for people who need service. But I’m concerned that I’ll now be charged for 2 cable boxes that I wasn’t expecting on the next bill. I’m really hoping to get the newest Xfinity box when possible because I like the app features and so I can use my X1 DVR.

I would go to the Xfinity store but it is understandably closed due to this virus.

Just looking for any friendly suggestions that might help.

Thank you all and stay safe!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Sent Wrong Cable Box Twice

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Sent Wrong Cable Box Twice

Hi @ChadHeck96

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forum, we're happy to help. We appreciate your consideration for others when reaching out for support during this time, but I want to make sure you're getting what you need as well. I also love using the X1 Platform and its features, so I'd like to help get you the correct X1 box so you can continue to do the same. Please send me a private message with your full name, the name of the account holder, and the house number associated with your service address, so I can assist you. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message.   

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!