Community Forum

Senior citizen discount, Internet Essentials

New Poster

Senior citizen discount, Internet Essentials

I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and heard about Internet Essentials and the Senior Citizen discount.  I am currently a Xfinity internet subscriber but cannot afford it any longer.  Is this avaiable to me and can someone send me the senior sitizen discount form?

Thank you

Expert

Re: Senior citizen discount, Internet Essentials

Hi @Beachrose11,

You can find the information you seek here: https://www.internetessentials.com/Seniors

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I understand you ususally have to wait 90 days afte canceling Comcast to get back on with Internet Essentials.I heard that there are waivers if you have been a subscriber already in some areas, would there be one in my area, Scitaute MA? 

New Poster

Regular Visitor

this is not working for seniors evidently.  One of the rules is that you not have comcast already within the last 90 days.  What has that got to do with anything!?  except another hurdle, delay, denial, nonhelp,for appearances only .  The very reason seniors are searching for help and can no longer afford internet and cable tv is because we are on a fixed income and comcast prices are way out of our league.  Needs to be a more accessible program for the elderly who are internet savvy but broke all the time!!!

Official Employee

Hello, all - 

I understand how important it is to have a manageable bill. I'd love to have the opportunity to assist and review ways to lower the monthly rate. Although the Internet Essentials program may not work for everyone, we often have new promotions that can make the bill fit your monthly budget. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Just heard about the senior discount, and would like to know about the discount and what it entails.

Expert

@Emerger wrote:

Just heard about the senior discount, and would like to know about the discount and what it entails.

You can find more information about Internet Essentials for Seniors here.  Note that it is available only in select areas; the download speed is 15 mbps.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi there, Emerger. We offer senior citizen discounts in some areas and we can definitely tell you more about them. It would be best for me to pull up your account first, in order to ensure they're available to you where you are. If you can please send me a private message with your name, we can dig into everything. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Hello, conniebailey. When you click on her name are you missing the envelope icon?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hi, I tried to send you a PM but it would not let me in compose or anything.
Please help. I'm on a fixed income and can't afford the high prices.
Thank you.
Bill
Official Employee

Hi there, Wkiloski. Welcome and thank you for posting. I will be happy to assist you as well. Since you are a new user, this platform requires you to post publicly before sending a private message. Now that you have, please try again and it should go through this time. 

New Poster

Please, send me form.

Expert

@geneklimov36 wrote:

Please, send me form.

You can find more information about Internet Essentials for Seniors here.  Please make note of the requirements.

Official Employee

Hello @geneklimov36, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I hope the link @Again provided was helpful. I would be more than happy to answer any further questions or be of any other assistance needed, around finding something that fits your billing & service needs. If you would like me to discuss any account information, please be sure to send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? We're here to help! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Official Employee

@geneklimov36, I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message if you would still like me to check for available options that better fit your billing & service needs. Please create a new Public post if you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.