Community Forum

Self-installation move

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Self-installation move

I am moving and I want to do a self-install at my new location (obviously with the exact same services). I have already confirm via Xfinity chat that the new building and unit are Xfinity-wired (even for my gigabit); I did this confirm a month ago before I signed my lease.

Where can I go online to set up a self-install? The 'moving services' page only has a technician installation, which is not necessary for my case.

Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Self-installation move

Hello jtedwards15. If you are the first person to connect service at the new location, professional install is required. This is to ensure the signal through the coax is sufficient to support the service. I can check for you if you are the first person to establish service at your new location, if needed. To do so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!