Community Forum

Self install fiasco

New Poster

Self install fiasco

I recently moved and became a Comcast customer. I was told that the place I'm moving to qualifies for self install, but the closest store was 45 min away. So I drove 45 Minutes and got my install kit and came back to my new house. Had alot of trouble hooking up and had to call customer service. After going through awful phone process will them I was directed to a call back option to call me back 45 min later. They then contacted me and walked me through the process for 30 min to tell me I cannot self install . My address doesn't qualify. So now I'm required to pay them another 70 dollars for them to send out a tech to hook me up. I do not understand how they can make me pay more for their mistake. I didn't come up with the option and they didn't inform me that there was a possibility that it wouldn't work. They actually stated if it wouldn't work then I would now have the option. So I'm really confused how I ended up with a kit I can't even use . And now I have to pay more to receive a service. I need answers not excuses