Community Forum

Self Install

New Poster

Self Install

I just ordered service (Internet) and my modem arrives tomorrow, I am doing a self install. Problem is, I haven't had Comcast service in 15 years, only ever had analog cable. When I left, I know for a fact that they did a hard disconnect at the tap and tagged the line. This is how disconnects used to be done before digital and internet. So...how can I do a self install? When I asked them this question, they said I needed to buy a tech install. No, I do not need help beyond the cable box...I just need them to reconnect me to the tap. How do I acheive this?

Expert

Re: Self Install

If they send a tech out (for any reason) it will incur an install fee. Since it's been so long since you had service, it's probably a good idea to have the tech do the install anyway since it's likely that your wiring has degraded and/or is no longer broadband compliant. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Admin1

Re: Self Install

Hi ascutt13 -- nerdburg is correct about needing a tech. Chances are extremely low that you'd be able to complete a self installation given the time between having service. Please let us know if you need help getting a tech scheduled and we'll get that setup for you.