Community Forum

Self Install

New Poster

Self Install

I just ordered service (Internet) and my modem arrives tomorrow, I am doing a self install. Problem is, I haven't had Comcast service in 15 years, only ever had analog cable. When I left, I know for a fact that they did a hard disconnect at the tap and tagged the line. This is how disconnects used to be done before digital and internet. So...how can I do a self install? When I asked them this question, they said I needed to buy a tech install. No, I do not need help beyond the cable box...I just need them to reconnect me to the tap. How do I acheive this?

Expert

Re: Self Install

If they send a tech out (for any reason) it will incur an install fee. Since it's been so long since you had service, it's probably a good idea to have the tech do the install anyway since it's likely that your wiring has degraded and/or is no longer broadband compliant. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Admin1

Re: Self Install

Hi ascutt13 -- nerdburg is correct about needing a tech. Chances are extremely low that you'd be able to complete a self installation given the time between having service. Please let us know if you need help getting a tech scheduled and we'll get that setup for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!