Community Forum

Seasonal Suspension

New Poster

Seasonal Suspension

To Whom it Concerns

I'm writting this message due to the unprofessionalism I experienced when contacting your office about my service. Me and my family was relocated from our home and I wanted to place my account on a seasonal hold until I figure out where I will be staying. I've been trying to get this matter done since the begining of the month of October. When I call i'm told that I can not place the account on hold due to the area. I'm on a contract and if I cancel I will be faced with all these fees associated which is not fair. Why would I have to pay for a service that I can not use and pay for fee's that the company should have better resources to assist. This siutation is becoming very irritating and i'm contacting the BBB and my local states attorney due to this issue. 

Expert

Re: Seasonal Suspension

You're the one breaking the contract. Why is that Comcast's fault?

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Expert

mysmith773 wrote:

To Whom it Concerns

I'm writting this message due to the unprofessionalism I experienced when contacting your office about my service. Me and my family was relocated from our home and I wanted to place my account on a seasonal hold until I figure out where I will be staying. I've been trying to get this matter done since the begining of the month of October. When I call i'm told that I can not place the account on hold due to the area. I'm on a contract and if I cancel I will be faced with all these fees associated which is not fair. Why would I have to pay for a service that I can not use and pay for fee's that the company should have better resources to assist. This siutation is becoming very irritating and i'm contacting the BBB and my local states attorney due to this issue. 

You wouldn't be able to place your account on hold because the account is tied to an address.  Because you were moving, or relocating, you supposedly didn't have an address for the account.  Since you apparently were relocating to an area Comcast services, you have to cancel your account and if you were in a contract, then you would have early termination fees as nerdberg stated.

And, FWIW, not all areas offer a seasonal hold.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Admin1

Hi mysmith773 -- Experts nerdburg and Again are correct. Not all areas offer seasonal hold. Contracts are also a two-way agreement. We agree to provide you service at an agreed upon price as long as you keep the service for the contract duration. By moving you are breaking your end of the agreement by ending the contract early. It also states in your contract that terminating for any reason, this would include moving to an area that we do not service, will result in early termination fees. 

New Poster

1st of all I didn't want to just up and cancel I wanted to just stop the service until I was settled in my unit. But Due to your company's employee's and the lanuage barries at hand they didn't comprehand and took matters in there own hands which left me in a crazy situation. Just as I stated I would go to the BBB and I meant what I stated