Community Forum

Scam got charge $60 for 5 minutes and problem not FIX

New Poster

Scam got charge $60 for 5 minutes and problem not FIX

My internet speed keeps changing from 80 mpbs to 1 mpbs was not working correctly and"still not working correctly" the rep on the phone suggested that someone come to my address so she scheduled me a visit last month .  I was not told that I would be charged for the visit.  The comcast rep man came and was there for 5 min and was not able to fix it he said the problem was outside and other tech would fix it because he was not trained to do outside work. I asked if would be charged and he said no and he said he was going to make the next appointment for next month because all Saturday was already booked   Now I just looked at my bill for April and there is a $60 home visit charge on it.  I called comcast today and the rep said I was responsible for the visit and she could not waive the $60.  I told her neither the rep who scheduled the visit nor the rep that came to my apartment ever told me I would be billed for anything.  She said she was sorry and she tried to sell me a $5.99 per month insurance policy for future visits.  I can't believe she tried to sell me someothing more.  I have had comcast for over 10 years and never was charged for any visit to my house.  This is ridiculous that I have to pay for repairs made to comcast's equipment on the outside of my house and it was never done !!!!
Expert

Re: Scam got charge $60 for 5 minutes and problem not FIX

If the issue was outside your home, you shouldn't have been charged. Smiley Sad

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Scam got charge $60 for 5 minutes and problem not FIX

FloridaGator777, if a tech referral to maintenance was made, then the issue is on our end not yours. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.