Community Forum

Scam calls

Frequent Visitor

Scam calls

We keep receiving calls from 217 284 9214 caller ID Comcast. This is a scam call saying they represent Comcast and they are trying to sell services/products. They never leave a message. Comcast please investagate and stop these harassing calls to your customers. Gives you a bad name.

Official Employee

Re: Scam calls

Hi barkerhl, whenever you are unsure about a message claiming to be from Comcast, check with us using the phone number printed on your bill, or one of the methods listed on the official "Contact Us" page at http://customer.xfinity.com/contact-us/. That page should list 1-800-Xfinity (1-800-934-6489) or 1-800-Comcast (1-800-266-2278), and a link for Chat: https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/

Frequent Visitor

If this number 217 204 9214 is Comcast which called again today 1/5/18 4:26 pm they should have the courtesy to leave a message. If this number is not Comcast I would believe it would be your responsibility to check and verify the number. I as a customer have given you a heads up that someone is using your name to solicit I would think you would have your security check on this. Just a thought.

Official Employee

Hello barkerhl, I have tested this number and verified it for you. This is a Comcast company trying to reach you, I apologize if they did not leave any voicemail in regards to the reason they called. If they call back feel free to answer the phone, if you're not comfortable sharing your personal information with the agent that's fine you can provide your account number only and it will be sufficient for them to verify and complete your interaction.

Frequent Visitor

These calls are actually coming from Global Telesourcing services not Comcast. Not looking to address any issues with our accout but to sell products. Reported to the FCC and Do not call sites. No message left and if you do answer dead silince. Scam calls do not give out information!!

Official Employee

They are a sales company hired by Comcast and you're right you don't have to share with them any account specific information. If you have questions or concerns regarding your account I can address them here, please send me a private message with your name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "private message me". 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much Amir for your honesty and concern in your response. My point to this post and my post regarding the 872 (prefix) calls from Comcast and their partners is that they call nonstop and do not have the professional courtesy to leave a message. Simple fix, leave your customers a simple message stating who you are and reason for the call. Let us make the decision from there we do have some intelligence. When you do answer there is dead slence. I have no issues with my service. Please show us some respect and either quit the sales calls or be professional and leave a message. Too many scams out there now. Please do not give me advice I know my options just try and become a better customer friendly company. Other vendors that we do business with call and leave us messages why can't Comcast?

Official Employee

You're welcome and I understand where you are coming from. You can choose to stop receiving these calls by adding your phone number to the Comcast Do Not Call List. You can ask to be added to our Do Not Call list during a sales call you receive or by calling the Caller ID number you see during the call. You can also sign in to My Account and click Settings at the top of the page, then click Communications & Ad Preferences to add your number to the Comcast Do Not Call List. Or if you prefer, visit the Marketing Opt-Out Manager. Please be aware that it is possible you might still receive a sales call within 30 days after making the request. After that, we will not call you with special offers or information about new products.