Community Forum

Scam Calls

Contributor

Scam Calls

Keep getting calls from someone saying they are from Comcast Technical Support. He identified as Alan Green Employee # 25106 and said his callback # 814-888-1341. From his Easten Accent he is not named Alan Green. The number on my screen did identify as Comcast which can be faked. They claim someone was trying to hack into my Modem. He knew my name, address, and account number.  The call was a Robo call. I am 99% sure this is a scam wanting info or something but checking to see if anyone else having this problem. Called Comcast Customer Service and they did not show any problem with my modem o account.

Contributor

Phone Scam

Keep receiving calls that claim to be from Comcast that say someone is trying to break into my modem. They have my name, address, and account number. Says his name is Alan Green but with the eastern accent I doubt he is Alan Green.  They called 5 times last night and finally gave up. I'm sure they want to get into my computer or get my passwords. Anyone else expriencing this.

Contributor

Re: Phone Scam

Can't say I've had that happen but next time try this.

Tell them that your IP address is 127.0.0.1.    This is called 'localhost' and every machine uses it.  It points back to the local machine so whatever attack(s) they try to launch against your system is run against theirs.

Expert

Re: Phone Scam

@Terry0327 wrote:

Keep receiving calls that claim to be from Comcast that say someone is trying to break into my modem. They have my name, address, and account number. Says his name is Alan Green but with the eastern accent I doubt he is Alan Green.  They called 5 times last night and finally gave up. I'm sure they want to get into my computer or get my passwords. Anyone else expriencing this.

There are plenty of scams like that going around like that going around. Just hang up without giving any information. If you talk to them they will keep calling you hoping you might believe them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!