Community Forum

Scam Call / Fake Call (?) From "GCS" at (512) 312-7829

Highlighted
New Poster

Scam Call / Fake Call (?) From "GCS" at (512) 312-7829

Just received a call from a supposed Comcast partner trying to discuss my service and equipment needs.   I was hesitant to talk to the caller.

IF this is a phising call and NOT associated with XFinity, then it is something which Comcast needs to look into immediately because the guy, a "Julio Soto" stated they were calling as a third-party provider with a company called "GCS", who was working FOR and WITH Comcast.   He knew what year I had begun service with Comcast, that I had JUST made changes to my account (the day before yesterday), what speeds I am now getting, what plan I am on, my name  (and of course my telephone number) AND how much I paid on my last bill

To me, it sounded very professional and too much on the up-on-up to be a fake or scam call.  IF it indeed is, it is pretty terrible as they somehow have all this information that they should not have.

Expert

Re: Scam Call / Fake Call (?) From "GCS" at (512) 312-7829

It looks to me like someone may have hacked your E-mail.

At any rate; you should assume that any "unsolicited" call like that s most likely a "phishing" scam.

I always just hang up on any call like that.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!